Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ZDYNE questions; What won't I need?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking at their site, I see that the ZDYNE does much of work of the MSD BTM and the Cartech FMU. My question is, if I go to 8psi, is all I need the smaller pulley, the ZDYNE SECU, and the larger injectors that come with the ZDYNE?

    I already have the HO fuel pump and since I have an OBD1 car, their SECU should be coming out pretty soon.

    Will the ZDYNE SECU completely bypass the JR FPR?

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #2
    Inactive Member redline's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes it will you can do away with the JR FPR the relay the pressure switch, etc... The need for after market pumps also should go away because of the use of big injectors and normal FPs

    k

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I can say is WOW!!!. That's one hell of a unit then. But at $900, it better be damn good.

    I guess there's no need for the J&S anymore either huh?

    Any word on when it will be ready for the OBD1's?

    It may be time for me to seriously start planning for 8psi (or maybe more if I can scrounge together some money to build the head).

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A J&S is still a good idea so that you can tune your car.

    But its not totally necessary. I guess you could borrow someone's to tune your car.

    I would still like to have my J&S after I got a zdyne.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member The LS Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2000
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I keep hearing that comment about "one time use" of the J&S and wanted to get some clarification. Obviously its very helpful to use in the initial setup, but what about external factors down the road like a bad tank of gas, hot summer temperatures, high rpm runs, etc. etc ? Can you really say that the J&S is needed just for the initial install ?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say that the J&S would be good to have all the time. Kind of like a guardian angel watching over you.

    You could use it to tune intially but like you said, what about things down the road.

    That's why I would keep mine.

    Of course if your motor was built with JE/Crower and sleeved, it probably really wouldn't matter much what you did to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •